At Patchwork Therapy we pride ourselves about being transparent. If the answer to your fee-related question is not on this page, please give us a call or email and we’ll be happy to help you find your answer!
Therapy sessions are one-hour long, and are usually recommended on a weekly basis for at least for the first month as you and your therapist build a therapeutic relationship and plan for treatment. After that, it is up to you and your therapist to determine a schedule that makes the most sense. Fees for sessions are:
- Initial intake telephone call, 15 minutes – Complimentary
- First session assessment, 1 hour – $150
- Each subsequent session, 1 hour – $125
- Late cancel/No-show – $60
These fees for each session are the same for individuals (children -> adults), families, or couples.
Patchwork Therapy is in-network with some insurance companies. What this means, is that we are a preferred provider with your insurance company, and they will pay more of your fee for you than if we were out-of-network. As an in-network provider, we bill the insurance companies the same amount listed in the therapy service fee above, but insurance will usually cover some or much of that cost so you pay less out of your own pocket. As an in-network provider, we will send the bill directly to the insurance company (submit your claim), and they will pay us directly for the portion they will cover. If you have any co-payment, co-insurance, or deductible, the insurance company will provide that information and then you would be responsible for that amount. These details are highly variable and are specific to each person’s insurance plan, so questions about your specific copayments and deductibles should be directed to your insurance company.
Patchwork Therapy can serve you as an out-of-network provider, however in this case you would pay for your therapy services at the time of your appointment, and then we provide you with documentation to give to your insurance company (superbill) and they reimburse you directly. We do not submit bills directly to the insurance companies if we are out-of-network, and full fee is charged to you at time of service.
Insurance Accepted at Patchwork Therapy, In-Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Blue Choice PPO
- United HealthCare/Optum
Fees Not Covered By Insurance
Sometimes therapists perform duties outside of your therapy session, which you will have requested them to perform. Charges will be incurred for these duties, including:
- Consultation with other providers or professionals (school social workers, previous therapists, psychiatrists, etc). – $125 per hour, billed in 15 minute increments
- Consultation with legal representatives (personal lawyer, GAL, etc.) or letter writing that will be submitted to a court (appropriateness determined in session and is at the therapists discretion) – $350 per hour, billed in 30 minute increments, one hour minimum per event
- Letter writing (Letters of Readiness for gender affirming hormones or surgical procedures, emotional support animals, etc.) – $125 per hour, billed in 15 minute increments
- Late Cancel/No-Show – $60
Please be sure your therapist will discuss these fees at the time of the request, and you will receive a notice describing these fees at time of intake.
Forms of Payment
At this time, we are 100% virtual so will only accept the following form of payment:
- Master Card
- American Express
FSA or HSA *Please note, FSA and HSA will not cover fees related to no-show or late cancellation charges. Your card on file will be used to pay for the no-show/late cancel fee, however they will ask you to reimburse those funds to them directly.